• Hastings Checker Block®, approved for H-20 loading, gives you the strength of concrete in areas where you wish to maintain a grassy look including overflow parking, service roads, tree pits, and fire lanes. It is also ideal for stabilizing embankments along streams, rivers, and lakes.
• Checker Block® offers a ready solution when used as a tree grating. It provides high stability while offering maximum water percolation.
• Checker Block® is the only steel-reinforced concrete grid paving unit available on the market. The unique waffle-like configuration of this pervious castellated product provides significant grass coverage when properly filled with topsoil. Each 4 square foot unit is 4” thick and can provide a 75% grass to concrete ratio, ensuring a green turf that can support significant vehicular loads.
• Checker Block® is manufactured in accordance with ASTM 1319 (Standard Specification for Concrete Grid Paving Units) which requires a minimum compressive strength of 5,000 psi.
• Checker Block® is distributed and manufactured throughout the United States. Hastings Architectural has production facilities in New York and California. Reading Rock manufacturers and distributes Checker Block for Hastings in the Midwest with a production facility in Ohio.
• Checker Block® also enhances surface drainage eliminating costly underground systems. Grass can easily be cut by standard lawn mowers